You try to log in on Origin, but you see the following message “Online login is currently unavailable”? Continue reading this post to learn how to fix it.
Some time ago, I ran into this error and got frustrated because I don’t know what to do to fix it.
After a long researching process, I try several things to fix this error, and now I want to help you, below I will leave some of the methods that you can try to fix this error.
Method #1: Kill Origin Process
The first time that you find this login error on Origin, you may restart the program and try again to log in, but inevitably don’t work as expected.
In that case, you will need to close Origin entirely by killing the process in the Task Manager. To do that, follow these steps:
- Rightclick on the taskbar and in the menu click on Task Manager
- A window will ask you for administrator rights, there click on Yes
- Once in the Task Manager, find and select the process Origin
- Finally, click on the button End Task to kill the process
- Now, you can try to login again
Method #2: Change Date & Time
When you don’t have the right date & time, it can be the reason for several errors, including the Origin login unavailable but also the well-known Chrome errors that don’t let you open any webpage.
You can update your date & time on Windows in different ways, follow the methods below.
Update Date & Time from Control Panel
- Open the Run window pressing the keyboard keys Win + R and in the box enter the word
control, then press Enter to open the Control Panel
- Once opened, click on the section Date and Time
- A new window will open and there navigate to the Internet Time tab
- Now, click on the button Change settings
- Finally, there check the box Synchronize with an Internet time server and click on the button Update Now
Update Time from Windows Settings
- Open the Windows Settings from the Start Menu
- Once there, navigate to the section Time & Language
- On the left side menu, click on Date & Time
- Finally, on the right, make sure that the option Set time automatically is enabled
- If it wanst enabled, do it and restart your computer to update the date & time
Method #3: Reset Internet Settings
Although you may think that you don’t use Internet Explorer, the truth is that your system and some apps use the Internet Explorer settings to connect safely to the internet.
So, when you have problems with Origin login unavailable, you can try to reset the Internet settings to fix the error.
- Open the Start Menu and search the word
- In the results that appear, click on the one that says Control Panel
- Once there, find and click on the option Internet Options
- A new window will open, there navigate to the Advanced tab
- There you will see a long list of all the settings available, now click on the button Reset
- On the window that opens, click on Reset to confirm the action
- Finally, open Origin and try to login again.
Method #4: Delete Origin Cache
Some apps like videogames, store your settings, and some parameters in a special folder called AppData. Sometimes these data get corrupted, and you end up with the login error.
So, you can try to remove this folder to fix the error, following these steps:
- Open the Run window using the keyboard shortcut Win + R
- In the box copy the code
%AppData%and press Enter
- The File Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, there find the Origin folder and delete it
- You have removed the Origin cache, and now you can open the launcher again an try to login as usual
Method #5: Disable Antivirus
Your antivirus will protect you for several attacks and threats that could harm your computer. Although sometimes, this software blocks inoffensive software like Origin and generate errors like this one. You can try to disable your antivirus temporarily to fix this login error on Origin.
Disable Avast Antivirus
If you installed a third-party antivirus on your computer, like the Avast Antivirus, you can disable it by right-clicking on the icon located in the taskbar, then in the menu that opens, click on Disable shield temporarily.
The menu will vary according to your antivirus, but the option is easy to find.
Disable Windows Security
On Windows 10, you have a free antivirus that protects your system by default, to disable it follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Settings using the keyboard shortcut Win + I
- There click on the menu Update & Security
- Now, on the left, click on Windows Security
- Then, on the right, click on the button Virus & threat protection
- A new window will open, there click on the line Manage settings
- Finally, disable the switch Real-time protection to turn off the Windows Security Antivirus
- Now, you can try to log in on Origin
Method #6: Disable Firewall
On Windows, you also have a free firewall that analyzes the incoming and outcoming connections on your computer. If you face this error, you can try to disable the Windows Firewall temporarily to troubleshoot the error:
- Open the Control Panel searching it in the Start Menu
- Once opened, click on the option Windows Defender Firewall
- On the left side menu, click on the line Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- Maybe a window will ask you for admin rights, click on Yes
- Now check the two options Turn off Windows Defender Firewall on public and private networks
- Finally, try to login again
Origin has an extensive list of famous videogames that you can play for free. That’s why you need to create an account to be able to save and manage all your games, but when you cant login to your account, you lose access to all your games.
With the methods above, I try to help you to fix this annoying error and continue playing your games without problems. If you have any questions, let me know below. Thanks for reading.