Do you have some problems downloading in Nexus Mod Manager? In this post, I will leave you a troubleshooting guide that will help you to fix this issue.
Nexus Mod Manager is one of the most popular software that allows you to organize and install mods on your favorite games. Recently there is a new one called Vortex for most users, NNM continues to be the best for applying mods to Skyrim, Oblivion and some other Bethesda Games.
Although Nexus Mod Manager is an easy to install software and it will never cause you any problem, some users have reported issues with this program that is not downloading correclt.y
Sometimes the mods are paused automatically, or the download processes don’t even start. That issue isn’t usual, and some causes could cause some bug in the program but also some third-party software interfering with the program.
If you don’t know how to fix this problem, you can check the following solutions that I will leave you:
Solution 1: Reassociate NXM URLs
This quick-fix was reported first on Reddit, and it is quite easy. NXM URLs are the mod URLs that open Nexus Mod Manager when you click on them.
If the program is that Nexus Mod Manager doesn’t start the download or didn’t recognize the links, you can try the following method:
- First, you need to verify that the Nexus Mod Manager has the appropriate permissions to install and download the mods. Go to your desktop and right-click on the NNM shortcut, in the menu click on Run as Administrator
- Once there, you need to open the Settings
- Navigate to the General tab and uncheck the box Associate with NXM URLs
- Click on OK to apply the changes and close the Settings window
- Once again, open the Settings window and check the box Associate with NXM URLs, click on OK to apply the changes and then try to download the mod again using the link.
Solution 2: Change Firefox Settings
You use Firefox to navigate the internet and also open the Nexus Mod Manager links, and maybe the problem is some wrong configuration in the browser settings.
Firefox allows you to change the application handler for the individual URLs like the NXM, and in some cases, there is another program that is set as default for this type of link.
You can verify and change those settings following these steps:
- Launch the Firefox browser and click on the Open Menu button located at the upper right section (three lines icon)
- In the menu, click on Options
- Scroll down until you find the section Applications. In the list, you need to find the Content-Type “NMX,” click on the Action dropdown menu and select Nexus Mod Manager as the default program
- GO to the mod website and try to download it again to verify that download problem on Nexus Mod Manager has been fixed
Solution 3: Update Nexus Mod Manager
Nexus Mod Manager some time ago changes some parameters that allow performing secure download trought the HTTPS protocol. If you have an old version of the program, you will face downloading problems because NNM doesn’t support the HTTP protocol anymore.
That due to the European Privacy Laws that require to use secure connections through HTTPS. That problem could be fixed quickly if you update the Nexus Mod Manager program following these steps:
- First, open the Task Manager with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc and there close the task NNM or Nexus Mod Manager
- Now relaunch the Nexus Mod Manager. The program should notify about new updates when you launch the program, but you can also check manually that by clicking on the button at the upper right bar.
- Then you should see a notification about a new update that you can install, click on Update to start the process, and wait until NNM restarts.
- Finally, you can try to install the mod again to verify that the not downloading issue has been fixed
If Nexus Mod Manager doesn’t find any update, try to verify that you have installed the latest one on this page. There you can find the latest community version of NNM.
Download the installer and run it to update the Nexus Mod Manager
I hope this tutorial and steps help you to fix the Nexus Mod Manager downloading problem and that you continue installing your mods without problems.
Remember that you can contact me using the comments section below for more help and that here you have some other NNM articles that I wrote before that may help you: