Do you have some issues with your NVIDIA GPU? Check this tutorial about how to fix NVIDIA NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Detected.
The graphics card is one of the essential elements in terms of hardware that we can find in our team, especially if we are players, but sometimes you encounter problems that hinder you from using it. NVIDIA is one of the most widespread manufacturers of graphics cards, and therefore its errors are given more extensively.
If at any time you have or have an error with your NVIDIA graphics, don’t lose details of this list of solutions in Windows 10.
Common NVIDIA Errors
- The graphics card doesn’t stand out on my laptop. This error usually occurs in laptops so you must verify that you are using the dedicated graphics.
- The NVIDIA card does not appear in the Device Manager or BIOS. If it does not appear when entering Device Manager, there may be a driver incompatibility so you should update it. If the BIOS does not detect it, the card may not be connected properly.
- The NVIDIA card does not work in Window 10. If it does not give any signal of life, it can surely be a problem with the BIOS so you should verify the configuration in it and it is advisable to update it.
- The NVIDIA GPU processor is not detected in Windows 10. Here you will have to verify if you have the card properly connected and proceed to update the drivers.
- The NVIDIA graphics card is not detected after updating the driver. If you have had this problem after updating the driver, try to return to its previous version.
Now, let’s see how you can fix the NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Detected Error in Windows 10, using simple methods.
Method 1: Check If the NVIDIA GPU is Active
To perform this process, you need to open the Device Manager, for that, you can right-click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager.
Look for your graphics card and double click to show its properties.
Go to the Driver tab and see if the Enable Device option appears. If not, it will be because you already have it activated.
Method 2: Update NVIDIA Drivers Manually
If you don’t detect your NVIDIA graphics card, you can try to update the drivers manually.
First, you need to uninstall the drivers, for this, open the Settings using the key combination Winkey + I and go to the Apps options.
Inside look for the corresponding software to NVIDIA, and uninstall it.
Now go to the official website of NVIDIA and download the official drivers for your graphics card: NVIDIA DRIVERS
Finally, install the drivers.
Method 3: Verify If Discrete NVIDIA Graphics Are Enabled
If you have both integrated and discrete graphics, it is possible that Windows 10 can not detect it, but we enable it from the BIOS itself.
While the computer is booting, keep the F2 or Del key pressed to enter the BIOS.
Once inside the BIOS, go to the dGPU option and enable it. You can find it at the Chipset/dGPU Configuration path.
Method 4: Disable PCI-Express From Command Prompt
Open Command Prompt with administrative rights, you can do that searching in Cortana CMD, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
Enter the following and press Enter to execute it.
bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable
Then we close the Command Prompt and reinstall your drivers: NVIDIA DRIVERS
Method 5: Update BIOS in Windows 10
There is a possibility that your computer’s BIOS is causing problems.
The BIOS controls the hardware of our equipment and allows new external components to work with those already integrated into the board.
A fix reported by users is to update the BIOS.
To do this, follow the manual of your motherboard and proceed to restart your BIOS.
Method 6: Verify if Your NVIDIA Card is Properly Connected
Sometimes our Windows 10 system does not properly recognize our NVIDIA graphics card and the problem can be as simple as a bad connection or installation.
To do this verify that the physical connection of the graphic to your hardware is correctly done and then verify that it is properly installed in your system.
With these methods, it should be possible to fix errors or problems with the NVIDIA graphics card from Windows 10 and be able to use it with total normality.