You have problems to play the game Dragon Age Inquisition because always crash on startup? You are in the right place; on this post, I will talk about this problem and how to fix it quickly.
Dragon Age Inquisition is the third installment of the remarkable RPG video game created by Bioware. Developed with EA’s Frostbite 3.0 engine and with some classic roots of the best role-playing games, the video game is set in a fantastic and medieval world that holds players hours and hours of role-playing sword and witchcraft.
How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup
Dragon Age: Inquisition is for many players, one of the excellent references of the Western role but some users have experienced a problem when they try to play this awesome game, it crashes at startup.
This issue has been reported multiple times, and the reasons are unknown because these crashing issues appear randomly. If you are facing this problem, you can check the next possible solutions that you can try to fix it.
Solution 1: Disable Antivirus
This is a quick fix that you can try when you have issues with Dragon Age Inquisition. This game usually works without problems, but users have reported that some antivirus programs were blocking the core components of the game, and that’s the reason why it crashes when you start it.
To verify that your antivirus isn’t blocking your game, you can try to disable the software temporarily while you start the game.
- On almost all Antiviruses, you need to right-click on the icon located in the Windows Taskbar
- In the menu that opens, choose the option Shields Control and then click on Disable Protection for 1 hour
- Now, is the time to start Dragon Age Inquisition and verify that it is working correctly
If, after following those steps, the game isn’t crashing at startup like always, you can try to add the executable to the exceptions list of your antivirus.
You can usually find the Dragon Age Inquisition executable on the following path: C:\Program Files\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition.
Solution 2: Disable Fullscreen Optimization
On Windows, it is enabled by default the fullscreen optimizations for your games and also programs that use this feature. If you faced this crashing issue on this game, you could try to disable this feature following these easy steps:
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the Dragon Age Inquisition game path
- There you need to right-click on the file
DragonAgeInquisition.exe, then click on the option Properties
- Now, navigate to the Compatibility tab and check the box Disable Fullscreen Optimization
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes and then start the game to verify that is working without problems
Solution 3: Repair Game Files
There are times when Dragon Age Inquisition crashes because there is some corrupted or missing file. On Origin, there is a way to repair any missing file that you may have on your game.
- First, you need to open Origin and navigate to My Game Library
- Once there, find and right-click in the game Dragon Age Inquisition
- In the menu that opens, click on Repair
- Origin will start scanning and repairing any problem in the game, and then you can begin to it to verify that the problem is fixed
Solution 4: Reinstall DirectX
This game, like some other needs, the API libraries called Directx to work correctly, and even they install those libraries automatically when you first run the game.
If you haven’t been able to fix the crashing problem on Dragon Age Inquisition you can try to reinstall Directx following these steps:
Update Directx 12 or 13
For the newer version of Directx, the only way to update them is from the Windows Update. Therefore you need to open the Windows Settings and there navigate to Windows Update and click on the button Check for updates.
Update Directx 9
To update Directx9, you need to download the web installer from the Microsoft website. Once download, you need to run the file and accept the terms to update Directx.
The installer will reinstall the libraries if it finds any problem with your installation, and then you can try to start Dragon Age Inquisition.
Solution 5: Update Graphics Card
There is a workaround for almost all the problems related to videogames when they crash at startup, update your graphics card.
On Windows 10 like in the older version, you can try to update your GPU from the device manager following these steps:
- Rightclick on the Start Menu and there click on the option Device Manager
- Once there, you need to expand the section Display adapters
- Rightclick on your GPU and then click on Update Driver
- Finally, you can follow the wizard instructions to update your graphics card automatically and later try to start Dragon Age Inquisition
Solution 6: Run Dragon Age Inquisition as Administrator
Running your games or program as an administrator could fix multiple problems and in this case, fix the game that crashes. To run Dragon Age as an administrator, you can follow these steps:
- Once again you need to open the File Explorer and there navigate to the Dragon Age Inquisition folder, usually here: C:\Program Files\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition
- There right-click on the file
DragonAgeInquisition.exeand select the option Run as Administrator
- Hopefully this time the game will start without problems
Solution 7: Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
If you continue experiencing problems with Dragon Age Inquisition, there a builtin utility that could help you to fix this issue automatically.
This utility is Program Compatibility troubleshooter, and you can run it following these steps:
- First, open the Settings utility from the Start Menu or pressing the keys Win + I
- Now navigate to the section Update & Security
- In the left side menu, click on the option Troubleshoot and then on the right, click on the options Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Finally, to run the utility, click on the button Run the troubleshooter
- Wait while the utility looks for problems, and then on the list, you need to choose the game Dragon Age Inquisition. Follow the utility instructions until you finally fix the problem.
Those were the best solutions to the crashing problem with Dragon Age Inquisition, and hopefully, you will able to fix the problem by yourself.
If you haven’t been able to fix the problem, here I will leave some other articles that may help you: