ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE is a problem that occurs in the Google Chrome browser. It happens due to wrong settings on the computer, in the browser or the antivirus. This error is usually accompanied by a message that says: No data received. The fix to this problem is quite easy; you have to follow what I will explain to you next.
The error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE usually appears specifically on platforms among which I can mention for example Firefox, PHP, WordPress, Chrome, Youtube, Ajax, and it is best to get rid of it. If you don’t know what it is, you have to understand that it appears for different reasons.
As I said above, the error can arise from different causes. That is why we need to check everything that could cause the problem. Just follow the steps and then verify if you already have the problem solved.
Table of Contents
Method #1: Disable Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome extensions have become the most useful feature from this browser, but sometimes these extensions can have wrong settings or behaviors that can affect your proper internet browsing.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the menu (three dots icon) and navigate to More tools > Extensions
- You can also enter the following in the address bar:
- Once in the Extensions page, disable all your extensions.
- If the error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE has been fixed, enable each extension one by one to guess what is the faulty one.
Method #2: Verify Proxy Settings
Commonly on Windows, you don’t need to use Proxy servers to browse the web, but sometimes you have a lousy configuration that can arise the Google Chrome error: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on on the Menu (three dots) and select Settings
- Go to the bottom and click on Advanced
- Now, go to the System section and click on Open Proxy Settings
- That option will open Internet Options, there click on Lan Settings
- Finally, check the box Automatically detect settings and uncheck the box Use a proxy server for your LAN
Method #3: Change DNS Servers
Sometimes bad DNS servers are responsible for connection problems like the error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
- Press the following keys: Winkey + R
- Type the following command: ncpa.cpl
- Press ENTER to open Network Connections
- Right-click on your current network adapter and select Properties
- A new window will open, there find the line Protocol Version 4 and make double click on it.
- Now click on Use the following DNS server addresses and type the following Google DNS: 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
Now try your network connection again to see if that solves your problem.
Method #4: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
In some cases, the problem could be in your Antivirus that is maybe blocking some websites for error or because they found some malware on the site.
To check if the antivirus is blocking you to connect to the internet, Disable it temporarily and try to enter the website again.
Commonly you need to right-click on your Antivirus icon in the taskbar and choose the disable option.
Method #5: DNS Flush
Some commands help us to solve some IP and DNS problems on your computer. To run those commands we will need to open the Command Prompt as administrator.
So, first open the Command Prompt as administrator. Once open run the following commands one by one:
ipconfig release ipconfig /all ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
When you finish, check if the error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE has been fixed.
Method #6: CleanMGR
The last thing you can try to fix your connection error is to clean your system.
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the following command cleanmgr and press Enter
- Wait for the command to clean your system and try to access again to the internet.
I hope some of these methods to fix your problem, dont forget to let me know in the comments if you know some other methods that works for you.