Windows 10 is an operating system that requires constant updates because as we know, it is a frequent target of thousands of attacks and threats that put at risk the security not only of the system but also of your information.
For this,s there is Windows Update, but now the error 0x80070422 has been presented when trying to update Windows 10 through Windows Update, and this error prevents us from completely downloading Windows 10 updates which, in terms of security and reliability, it is a dangerous error.
Fortunately, this error has a solution, and today I will show you how to fix it.
You may also like to know: How To Fix Activation Error (0xc004f050) in Windows 10
Table of Contents
Method #1: Disable IPv6 To Fix Error 0x80070422
Although in the very near future IPv6 will be the standard of IP addressing, it is still in the process of coupling and administration, which is why we continue to use IPv4.
The fault is that Windows 10 automatically enabled both standards which triggers a communication error at the time of the download in Windows Update.
To fix this, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel > Network & Internet
- Select the option “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Click on “Change adapter settings,” and there, click on the current network adapter and select the option “Properties”:
- Locate the line “Internet Protocol version 6” and uncheck it.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method #2: Check Windows Update Service to Fix Error 0x80070422
The Windows Update service must be running so that all the updates available to the system are downloaded and installed in the system on a regular basis, but if this service presents any failure, it causes the error 0x80070422 to be generated.
To check the current state of the service, follow these steps:
- Press the keys Winkey + R and type the “services.msc” command, then click on OK.
- Locate the service “Windows Update,” and if it’s stopped, right click on it and select the option “Start“:
Method #3: Check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data to Fix Error 0x80070422
To fix these, follow these steps:
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing the keys Winkey + R, type the regedit command and click on OK.
- Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ WindowsUpdate \ Auto Update
- There you should check that the DWORD value “EnableFeaturedSoftware Data” is in 1.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method #4: Restart Network List Service to Fix Error 0x80070422
- To do this, Run Winkey + R the command services.msc
- Locate the service called “Network List Service,” right click on it and select the “Restart” option:
As easy as that you can fix this error by yourself and allow Windows 10 to update its features usually.
Method #5: Run Troubleshooter To Fix 0x80070422
As we know Windows 10 has a tool created that help us to solve the most common problems that arise in the system and thus have a comprehensive solution without the need to go to technical support.
To open the Troubleshoot tool, click on Start Menu > Settings (also Winkey + I). Now go to Update & Security and on the left select Troubleshoot
Now, click on the Windows Update option and then click on the button Run the troubleshooter
The analysis process starts the search of errors; the tool will try to fix any failure on your computer:
Thus, we have comprehensive solutions at hand to fix this error and allow Windows 10 to be updated as expected.