The computer is still our favorite place to store videos and movies that we collect over time.
Perhaps the first argument to make this decision is because we have a storage space that allows us to store any number of videos and movies even in high definition without problems.
However, to obtain the best experience, it is necessary to have a good multimedia player that supports the most popular video and audio formats video formats.
In addition to the formats, it is important to have options such as subtitles, equalizer, play DVD videos, playback controls, among other things.
So let’s see the best video players for computers. Some available for Windows XP, 7,8,10, Linux, MacOS and even Android and iOS devices.
1. ACG Player
Its user interface is self-explanatory and its design is perfectly aligned with the design philosophy of Windows 10 Fluency.
But that is not the only trick that ACG Player has in the sleeve.
ACG Player can play almost any conventional video format and does so in a discreet way.
In addition to streaming and screen projection, ACG Media Player also offers some customization features such as font style selection for subtitles, support for gesture settings (controls for sliding speed, sliding distance, etc.) and visual effects artistic among others.
Supported platform: Windows 10
5KPlayer has a minimalist design to play video files in a wide range of formats such as AVI, FLV, MKV, MTS / M2TS, H.265 / 264, VP8 / 9 and WebM, among others.
But media playback is just one aspect of the 5KPlayer capabilities.
You can use 5KPlayer to download and convert content from websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion, among others.
5KPlayer also includes the AirPlay feature that allows users to transmit media from Apple devices to their PC, while its AirMirroring feature enables users to transfer the iPads/iPhones screen on their computer, and also record the content.
In short, 5KPlayer is one of the best Windows video players.
3. Parma Video Player
Personally, I have never used a video player whose aesthetic appeal equals or surpasses Parma in its elegance, or the absolute ease of navigating its interface.
Parma Video Player is incredibly fast, either loading all media files stored locally, or using playback tools such as audio controls, encoding tools, etc.
4. Media Player Classic- Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
It is one of the most popular and best-rated video playback software.
The great diversity of tools and personalization elements that it brings are unrivaled.
- It has features such as frame statistics, debugging and the extensive set of processor configuration tools, among others.
- MPC-HC has support for a wide selection of audio and video codec formats from the main options such as WAV, WMA, FLV to MPEG (1,2 and 4), AAC and DivX, among others.
- Plays with variables such as output range, color management, VSync, GPU control and audio/video decoders among a lot of other options.
- The only downside is its interface that is outdated.
- Compatible: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
5. VLC Media Player
Probably the best video player in the world. VLC can play almost all multimedia formats.
The application has excellent support for subtitles, equalizer, playback controls and multimedia formats.
If you need any feature that you do not currently have the player, it is possible to find a plugin for the task.
VLC is open source and is available in two forms, the first is the traditional version, it runs as desktop software, and the other is the Windows App, which is available in the Windows store.
Although both versions have a certain similarity, I recommend downloading the traditional version, since it has more features.
Often called KMP, the KM player is very similar to VLC. is a program that has a multitude of functions and support for almost all major multimedia formats, including CD and DVD formats.
The default user interface looks a little better than VLC Media Player; The application also has excellent support for audio adjustment and subtitles.
Other features include an audio and video capture system, the ability to switch between various viewing modes, etc.
KM Player is entirely free, and it is also available for Google Android.
It is an open source multimedia player that comes with the most popular codec so that it is capable of playing all formats of multimedia files on your PC.
It also allows you to watch YouTube videos and download and use subtitles for your files.
- Some formats: avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264.
- Apply several themes
- Download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
- Filters, speed changes, audio and video synchronization,
- Available for all versions of Windows and Linux.
It plays almost all types of multimedia formats since it supports OpenCodec where you can add your codec whenever you want.
In addition, it uses hardware acceleration to provide users with a multimedia playback environment without problems, without Lags.
- Compatible with 3D glasses
- Subtitle support: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), Vobsub, Blu-ray
- Preview of the scenes
- Mark as favorites a scene or chapter
It is an influential player that brings unique functions for the management of your videos and movies.
It offers the option to download any video from the Web to see if connection.
- Integrated converter. For example, convert from MKV to .AVI, .MOV or .MP4
- Convert videos to audio formats.
- Put a password to the videos
- Burn CDs.
- Watch videos on a SmartTV PC through Xbox One, Roku or Chromecast via Wi-Fi.
- Manage your multimedia catalog
Recommended: Top 4 Best Software To Repair Damaged Files & Images