The Internet has become an essential service already a fact.
In this way, it becomes almost impossible to make use of many of the services that we are used to using daily without a quality Wi-Fi connection.
Therefore, today we will explain how to fix one of the typical problems that we face as users: Connected but no internet access.
Follow these methods to fix your internet connection.
Table of Contents
Method #1: Disable IPv6
Microsft doesn’t recommend to disable IPv6, but sometimes can be the reason for the internet connection errors.
To disable IPv6 follow these steps:
- Press the keys Winkey + R to open Run
- Type the command: ncpa.cpl
- Press OK to open Network Connections
- Right-click on your current network adapter and select Properties
- There, search for Internet Protocol Version 6 and uncheck the box
Test your internet connection. Hopefully, it will be fixed.
Method #2: Renew IP
If the method above doesn’t work, try to renew the ip address to fix your internet connection.
- Press the keys Winkey + R
- Type the command: cmd
- Click on OK to open Comand Prompt
- In the command prompt type the following to renew your IP address: ipconfig /renew
Method #3: Disable and Enable Your Network Adapter
One thing that you can do to fix this error is to disable and enable your network adapter. This simple method sometimes works great.
- Like the first method open Run, type ncpa.cpl and click OK
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Disable
- Wait a few seconds, then right-click on your network adapter and select Enable
Hopefully, this can solve your network problem.
Method #4: Update WIFI Drivers
This is an optional method but sometimes works great.
Updating your drivers can fix some problems with Windows 10 updates.
Just download the drivers from your Manufacturer website and install it.
I highly recommend Driver Booster to update your drivers, that software can update your WIFI drivers and your other drivers.
Download Driver Booster from here and install it.
Method #5: Troubleshooting Internet Connections
Troubleshooting is a useful tool to fix errors in Windows automatically.
- Press the keys Winkey + R
- Type the command: control
- Click on OK to open the Control Panel
- There click on Troubleshooting
- Now, click on Connect to the Internet in the Network and Internet section
- In the windows that open, click on Next and wait to see if the troubleshooter fix the error
Method #6: Check Windows License
Some users report that sometimes when your Windows it doesn’t correctly activate, can have the reason for connectivity problems.
Follow these steps for Windows 10:
- Press Winkey + I to open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Go to Activation on the left
- There check that your Windows 10 is properly activated
Quick Method #7: Disable Antivirus
You can try to disable your Antivirus to verify that it doesn’t interfere your wifi connection.
With some of these methods, you can quickly fix your WIFI connected but no internet error.