One of the most used and most shared devices is undoubtedly the printers.
For example, if you on the second floor and a colleague asks you for information but he is on the 45th floor, having a printer on the network is enough to send the data to the printer so he can receive it without having to waste time up to the 45th floor.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to share a printer on the network in Windows 10 and the ways to connect to the printer.
Method #1: Share Printer using Settings
You can easily share your printer using the Settings menu in Windows 10.
- Click on the Start Menu and then on Settings, you can also just press the keys Winkey + I
- Click on Devices
- On the left, select Printers & Scanners
- Select your printer and click on Manage
- Now, click on Printer properties
- Go to the tab Sharing, check the box Share this printer
- Optionally set a name for the printer and finally click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Method #2: Share Printer using Control Panel
You also can easily share your printer from the Control Panel. Here you have a tutorial to learn the ways to open the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on View devices and printers
- Right-click on the printer to share and select Properties
- Go to the Sharing tab
- Check the box Share this printer
- Optionally set a name for the printer and finally click on Apply and OK
Using one of these methods you can easily share a printer in Windows 10.
Sharing a printer in the Homegroup doesn’t work in Windows 10 since 1803 update, so you will need to use one of the methods above. If you have any question about this tutorial, leave me a comment below.