On many occasions, you have different email accounts and different information in them.
You may want to have all this information in one place.
If you have a Hotmail account, but you think it is time to move all your information to Gmail and thus enjoy the benefits offered by Gmail such as synchronizing your information on websites and other advantages.
The first thing you have to do before starting is deciding if you want to transfer only the contacts or all the information.
1. Import Contacts from Hotmail to Gmail
- The first thing you have to do is open your Gmail Account. Once there, go to the Gmail Menu click in the drop-down menu on “Contacts“:
- Next, you will appear in the contacts section of Gmail. You have to look in the left side of the tab in which it says “More” and click on it. Now, click on “Import“:
- Now select “Outlook.com” to continue with the process. You will have to accept the terms, introduce your Account Info and follow the wizard and you will import your contacts easily.
2. Transfer All Your Information from Hotmail to Gmail
If you want to transfer all the information of your account, follow the following steps.
- In this case, open Gmail. Click on the cogwheel icon and then click on Settings:
- Go to the tab “Accounts and import” at the top of the page. Now click on “Import mail and contacts“:
- Now a new window opens, which ask you to enter an email account. Its the moment in which you must enter the Hotmail account. You can choose what kind of data to import, so follow the wizard.
Now all that’s left is to wait.
It’s possible that this process may take a little bit longer especially if the information you want to export is vast.