The bad thing about passwords is that they are forgotten, and cant always be memorized by a password manager. But in many cases, they can be recovered, so if you have lost your password using Windows 10, today we want to tell you in this tutorial how to recover the Windows 10 password.
It is possible to recover your password or change it since Microsoft has a tool that allows you to reset the password and recover the password to access Windows 10.
How to recover the Windows 10 password
To recover the Windows 10 password, you have to follow these steps:
- Enters https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.
- You will see the following image that says “Why can’t you sign in?”.
- Choose “I forgot my password” and click next.
- Enter your Microsoft account to recover the password (you can also do it using the mobile number).
- Then he will tell you “we need to verify your identity,” and he will ask you “how do you want to get your security code.”
- You will receive a security code to the email / SMS account.
- Now you can indicate a new password for Windows 10 (you will need to have at least 8 characters long, with uppercase and lowercase letters).
If everything went well, you could log in to your Windows 10 account with this new password that you just linked to your account. You see that even if you forget the password again, you can recover it back in this way. However, if you are more of images than numbers, don’t remember that Windows 10 allows you to configure an image as an identification method.
We hope that now you have no doubts about how to recover the Windows 10 password. It is not impossible!! So if you lose it, do not worry, with this official method that we have talked about you will have recovered in a matter of minutes.
You may also like to know: The 8 Best Email Clients That Will Make You Forget Outlook