Through this tutorial, you will learn to enable the new functionality of Windows 10 April 2018.
What is the Windows Defender Application Guard?
WDAG is a function designed to help prevent all types of attacks on the system; this allows the system always to be available and secure. This feature makes use of a hardware isolation approach, with which any attack can be prevented.
This feature is available in Windows 10 editions:
- Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, version 1709 or higher
- Windows 10 Professional Edition, version 1803
So let’s see how to enable this feature in Windows 10
Step #1: Enable Windows Defender Application Guard
- First, open the Control Panel
- Click on Programs
- On the left click on Turn Windows features on or off
- Search the feature Windows Defender Application Guard and check the box
- Wait for the install to complete the process.
- Finally, click on the Restart button to apply all the changes.
Step #2: How to Use Windows Defender Application Guard
To use this new feature in Windows 10, you need to open Microsoft Edge.
- Open the Menu and click on the New Application Guard window
- You will see the following message, wait a few seconds for the Application Guard window to open
- When the process completes, a new virtualized environment opens automatically to isolate Microsoft Edge browsing session in Windows 10 completely. You can recognize the session by its logo in the upper left corner that says: Application Guard in orange
As easy as that you can secure your browsing sessions to protect yourself from any attack.
Comment below what do you think about this new Windows 10 feature?