Today we have an efficient and useful technology that is of great help for multiple management and support tasks and is virtualization.
Thanks to this technology we can create test environments without affecting the productive state of the company or modify files or logs of the real system.
With this technology, we can execute the following tasks
- Testing new applications before being installed in the productive environment
- Make comparisons between various operating systems such as Linux, Windows or Mac OS
- Run multiple machines in a single computer
- Prevent administrative expenses
- Make more efficient use of equipment hardware resources
There are several applications that are quite useful for this purpose today we will analyze a very important one that is included in the Windows operating system: Hyper-V
What is Hyper-V?
Hyper-V is a feature added in Windows operating systems, both desktop and server, which give us the ability to create a virtualized environment using virtualization technology integrated in Windows. Among the features we found when using Hyper-V we have the following:
- High scalability
- Possibility of moving virtual machines between different nodes.
- Possibility of adding or eliminating storage in “hot”, that is, without the need to turn off the machine.
- Efficient use of memory
Hyper-V Requirements in Windows 10:
There are a series of basic requirements to install this feature in a Windows 10 environment and these are:
- 64-bit processor
- Minimum of 4 GB in RAM.
- The processor must support VT technology
Now it is important to clarify that Hyper-V can’t be configured in all editions of Windows 10, the only ones compatible with this technology are:
How To Install Hyper-V in Windows 10
The process for installing this feature in Windows 10 is as follows.
Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features:
Click the option Turn Windows Features on or off:
Locate the Hyper-V feature, by default this box is deactivated, proceed to activate it:
Activate this box will activate the options simultaneously:
- Hyper-V Management Tools
- Hyper-V Platform
Click OK and start the Hyper-V configuration process in Windows 10
Once this process is finished, it will be necessary to restart the equipment so that all the configuration is applied correctly.
Click on Restart now.
How To Enable Hyper-V using Windows PowerShell
It is possible to enable this option using Windows PowerShell, for this we must open a PowerShell console as administrators and enter the following command:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-v –All
Once the computer restarts Windows 10, you can access the Hyper-V console using one of the following options.
- In the search box of Windows 10 enter the term Hyper and select the respective option.
- Press the Start button and on the left side expand to Windows Administrative Tools and there select the option Hyper-V.
With these simple steps, we have installed a very useful and powerful tool such as Hyper-V in a Windows 10 environment.
Recommended: [Fix] Windows 10 Doesn’t Start