As new editions of Windows 10 are released, in this case, the 1709 version, we find a series of new features, improvements and additions.
One of these additions are the various tips which are located in the right section of the desktop where we will see how to use of the operating system and, in some cases, we can even see video tutorials on how to perform an action.
Through this tutorial, we want to explain how to disable these tips in Windows 10.
Method #1: Disable Online Tips with Group Policy Editor
This option applies to Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions.
1. To access this editor, we will use the Windows WIN + R key combination and execute the command gpedit.msc and press Enter or OK.
2. Go to:
- Computer configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Control Panel
3. Double click on the policy called Allow Online Tips, and in the window that opens, we will activate the Disabled check box. Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
4. Next, open the command prompt and there we will execute the following:
At the moment we want to restore the default value of these tips in Windows 10, we go to the aforementioned policy and activate the Enabled or Not configured checkbox.
Method #2: Disable Online Tips with Registry Editor
This option applies to all editions of Windows 10.
1. To access this editor, we will use the WIN + R key combination and execute the regedit command and press Enter.
2. In the displayed window we will go the following route:
3. Look at AllowOnlineTips, in case of not having it, create it with the same name.
4. Now, we will double-click on that record and in the Value information field, we assign the number zero (0). Click OK to save the changes.
We have seen two ways to completely disable the tips in Windows 10.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below.