How To Clear Stored Passwords in Chrome, Firefox, Edge & IE
By default, the latest browsers have the ability to automatically store the passwords, which allow you to access these sites much faster without the risk of forgetting the password.
But from a security point of view, This is a double-edged sword since any other person who has access to the computer can freely go to these sites since the password is stored automatically.
So let’s see how to clear the passwords stored in browsers.
Table of Contents
Clear Passwords in Google Chrome
- For this, click on the “Customize and control Google Chrome” button and select the “Settings” option:
- In the new window, go to the bottom and select the line “Advanced“.
- Now, go to the section “Privacy and Security” and click on the section “Clear browsing data“:
- In the “Advanced” tab and activate the “Passwords” box. To finish, click on the “Clear data” button.
Clear Passwords in Firefox Quantum
Firefox Quantum is one of Mozilla’s most ambitious bets to scale the entire browsers theme including automatic password saving.
- To clear the passwords in Firefox Quantum, click on the menu icon and select the “Preferences” option:
- Then, go to the section “Privacy & Security” and in the section “Forms & Passwords“, click on the button “Saved logins“:
- Now, you will see all the websites that have their password saved in Firefox and for its removal, click on the “Remove all” button.
Clear Passwords in Microsoft Edge
The default browser of Windows 10 offers a simple method for deleting the passwords stored in it.
- Click on the menu icon and select the option “Settings“:
- In the new window, go to the option “View advanced settings“:
- Click on the “Manage passwords” button.
- Now, when your mouse passes over each password, an x sign will be displayed, which will eliminate that password:
Clear Passwords in Internet Explorer
- Press Winkey + R to run the following command: inetcpl.cpl
- Go to the “Content” tab and click on the “Settings” button of the “Autocomplete” section:
- Click on the button “Delete Autocomplete history…” and in the new window activate the “Passwords” box and click on the “Delete” button:
In this way you have various options to clear passwords in the browsers most used today.
You may like to know: How To Speed Up Firefox Quantum in Windows 10