Do you want to download the KB4048955 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709? On this post, I will leave you direct download links.
The update KB4048955 for Windows 10 includes quality improvements; however, no new features of the operating system were introduced.
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To obtain the separate package for this update, go to the end of this post where I will leave you direct download links.
Fixed Problems & Error
These are the problems and errors that were fixed in this KB4048955 update for Windows 10 version 1709:
- Fixed the problem of the Portal of mixed reality that stopped responding at the beginning.
- Fixed the problem in which a black screen appeared when switching between full screen and window modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
- Fixed the incompatibility that occurred when playing a recording of a Game DVR device with Android or iOS devices.
- The functional keys work again on Microsoft Designer keyboards.
- Fixed the problem to ensure that specific virtual reality headsets and USB devices are correctly enumerated after reactivating the system from the connected standby mode.
- Fixed the problem in which the virtual smart card did not correctly evaluate the vulnerability of the Secure Platform Module (TPM).
- Fixed the problem in which Get-StorageJob did not return anything when there were no storage jobs running on the machine.
- Fixed issue where installing this update could cause Microsoft Jet database engine-based applications (Microsoft Access 2007 and earlier or non-Microsoft applications) to fail to create or open .xls files Microsoft Excel: “Unexpected error from the external database driver (1). (Microsoft Jet database engine)”.
- Fixed error Microsoft Edge could not create a WARP support process and stopped responding for up to 3 seconds during a timeout. During this period, users can not navigate or interact with the page.
- Security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes included in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Download KB4048955 Update
Use the following direct links to download an install the KB4048955 update manually on your computer according to your Windows architecture.
As always with the updates of any program, previous bugs are fixed. However, new issues appear. To this day these are the bugs that accompany the latest KB4048955 update for Windows 10:
Once this KB is installed, Internet Explorer 11 users using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to navigate through a drop-down menu via the scroll bar. The use of the mouse wheel works correctly.
After installing this update, some Epson SIDM (dot matrix) and TM (POS) printers cannot print on x86 and x64 systems. Microsoft and Epson have analyzed the cause of the problem and are working on a solution. This issue is not related to the printer driver, so the installation of current or previous print drivers will not solve the problem. Windows confirms that they are working to fix this bug with the following updates.
In any case, if the new update prevents the proper functioning of your PC and there is no other choice, you can always:
- Directly remove the last update from the Windows Update History.
- Restore to an earlier version of Windows 10.
- Remember to always keep several backup copies of your files on other external hard drives.
Have you been able to install the KB4048955 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709? Let me know in the comments section.