There are many file compression formats and very few apps capable of supporting all or almost all of them.
PeaZip is an open source application that decompresses the most used formats, around 130, and performs compression in 7Z, ARC, BZ2 GZ, PAQ / ZPAQ, PEA, QUAD/Balz, TAR, UPX, and ZIP.
And it doesn’t stop there, it also includes secure erasure, hash verification and verification, high security encryption options and the possibility of splitting and joining files.
Table of Contents
What Does PeaZip Offer?
The program integrates perfectly with Windows Explorer.
It’s also capable of searching and locating duplicates or saving backup scripts.
It also supports batch operations. All with a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It runs on all versions of Windows, 32 and 64 bits.
The program also works on Linux and includes a large number of add-ons. There is also, in addition to the installable, a portable version of PeaZip .
In PeaZip, the following features stand out:
- It’s the app that supports the largest number of file formats. It’s ideal to decompress any of the files received through email or downloaded from server on the Internet.
- In addition to the decompression capability, it also includes the inverse, using the most popular file formats.
- It uses a very intuitive interface, in which everything can be done using the well-known drag-and-drop system.
- The compression and decompression processes are carried out at high speed.
- Supports encryption methods, ideal to protect files that include a backup.
- Its able to locate duplicates of files, save files of scripts, divide and join files, among a long list of options.
To download this app, you must go to PeaZip. It’s a free software that is distributed under the Open Source LGPLv3 license.