One of the components of Windows most used for some years is the Command Prompt.
Although little by little Windows PowerShell is being incorporated to be the successor of the command prompt, it will continue to be present in the operating systems developed by Microsoft.
Method #1: Open Command Prompt with WIN + R
This first method is one of the fastest and most typically used in previous versions to open the Command Prompt.
- Press the keys: Winkey + R
- Type CMD
- Press Enter or OK
- Done. the easiest way to open the Command Prompt
Method #2: Open Command Prompt from Task Manager
If you are using the Windows 10 task manager for some tasks, you can open the command prompt.
- Open the Task Manager: Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Once inside the task manager, you can open the command prompt with two methods.
- Go to File > Run new task and type CMD then click OK. (It’s like doing it with the run method).
- Another way is to press and hold Ctrl while you click on Run new task, which opens the Command Prompt automatically
Method #3: Open Command Prompt from Windows Search
This is a very quick way for you to open the command prompt.
Click on the Search box and type CMD, you will see how Command Prompt appears so click on it.
If you want the Administrator Mode, right-click on it and click on Run as Administrator
Method #4: Open Command Prompt with Start Menu
With a few simple clicks, you can open the command prompt.
- Open the Start Menu
- Search for Windows System and open it
- Inside the folder, you can find the Command Prompt
Method #5: Open Command Prompt using File Explorer
There is an easy way to open the command prompt using the File Explorer.
- First, open the File Explorer
- In the folder route type cmd
- Press Enter
- The Command Prompt will appear automatically
Method #6: Create Shortcut to Open Command Prompt
If what you want is to have a shortcut to the command prompt because you use it very often. Take these simple steps:
- Right-click on the desktop and select the option New / Shortcut
- Type the following in location:
- Click Next and then Finish.
- A shortcut will appear on your Desktop; you only have to double-click on it to open the Command Prompt
Method #7:. How to Pin Command Prompt to the TaskBar
To anchor the command prompt to the taskbar:
- Open the Search box
- Type CMD
- Right-click on Command Prompt
- Click on Pin to taskbar
As you can see, there are different ways to open the Command Prompt easily.